Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not so Happy Days

So it's always fun to post all the cheery, silly pics that we take to show everyone how much fun we are having and say how great life is and blah blah blah but there are those days that you don't always get those perfect pics and your kids aren't always happy and things just don't go quite as well as we think they should (I know this happens to everyone!) Well that def happened this week so I had to put some of these on here because sometimes I get the most laughs out of these kinds of pictures. First I had Parker mad at me because I decided I was going to cut his hair to save a dollar or two (man where is my sister when I need her) and I really was just going to shave it all off but decided to tell him I was cutting a mohawk and that it was cool to be the new kid with a mohawk. He was so mad at me and I could not stop laughing! So I finally caved and shaved it all off so he is a happy boy once again.
Then I just thought it would be so cute of me to take the kids to the library (again to save a buck or two) and let them check out some books to read the next couple weeks and that didn't go over quite so well either. Kenna thought she was way too cool to be there in the first place her words as we were walking in the door was, "I can't believe I am spending my summer in a LIBRARY" which I thought was funny because it was our first time there. She went straight over to the teen magazines and sat down while Parker and Chloe ran around looking for the perfect book. Parker had a specific one in mind and got frustrated with me because I didn't exactly know how to help him even though I tried! Lets just say I didn't spend my summers in a library at all and I am lucky that I can even find something alphabetically let alone in the science-fiction or fact section! (I know it's not that hard, but come on I spent my time with Ebbi and Tavi not in the library!) Man I don't know where that boy comes from...So he settled for another selection. I realized it was time to go and found Chloe with about ten different books in her hand and when I told her she could only pick one she almost had a melt down. She pulled it together and narrowed it down to two. She handed me one and held the other and I thought the one she wanted was the one she handed me so I went over to check out our books. As we got out the door Chloe realized I didn't get the right one and she sat down and folded her arms and said she was not leaving until she got that book! Now we all know when this happens it is a battle of the wills with me and Chloe, but I am learning to just laugh at her too. She is so stubborn! She sat right in front of the library doors while people stepped over her to get in and she was not going to budge! So I took the camera out and got some pics. I don't think she talked to me for a good hour but we are best buds once again and all is well. You can see her in the picture with Kenna and Parker sitting in the background at the table in the black pants. She didn't want anything to do with pictures but I don't think kenna and Parker were too happy about it either! Ahhh these are the days I just have to laugh. Sometimes these are the days I laugh the very hardest! What else can you do sometimes right?!?!















1 comment:

  1. I left a comment on your other post about these very pictures so never mind that one....oh man, would I love to be there.
    I can just hear them protesting, I luv ut.
    Love ya'll!!!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete